The Utilities Board of the City of Rainbow City
1540 Sutton Bridge Road, Rainbow City, Alabama 35906 (256) 442-2553
Notice of Available Position
September 1, 2021
Wastewater Operator Grade 3
- Graduate from a Senior High School.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Possess a Grade 3 Waste Water Certificate issued by ADEM.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the functioning of a wastewater system and related parts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to adhere to prescribed Board Policies.
- Evaluates facility/system’s performance according to process and permit limitations.
- Works independently; effective communication both verbal and written; comprehends and follows written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to travel for meetings, training, and to work nights, weekends is also required.
- Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to manage flow of raw sewage through screenings, aeration, settling, and sludge digestion process.
- Observes variations in operating conditions; interprets meter/gauge readings and tests results to determine requirements to comply with State & Federal permit conditions.
- Collect sewage samples and conducts laboratory test.
- Maintains log of operation and records meter and gauge readings.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and physical; physical condition to work outdoors
- Until position is filled
- Complete The Utilities Board of Rainbow City application with resume and references.
- The Utilities Board of Rainbow City
Attn: Kim Carter
P O Box 680
Gadsden, AL 35902-0680
- Salary will be based on experience.
- Wastewater Operator Grade 2 will be considered.
- Water Operator Grade 1 or greater is desirable, but not required.
- This is a full-time position, and will include overtime and week-end work.
- All full-time employee receive Blue Cross Blue Shield Health insurance paid in full by employer. Participate in the Retirement Systems of Alabama. After one year of service, employees receive vacation and personal leave.