The Utilities Board of the City of Rainbow City
1540 Sutton Bridge Road * Rainbow City, Alabama 35906 * (256) 442-255
- Graduation from a Senior High School or equivalent.
- Any combination of experience, and training equivalent to experience, in public contact work which has provided familiarity with water utility operations.
- Possess, or the ability to possess, a valid (Class B) CDL license as issued by the Alabama Department of Public Safety.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude; evidence of trustworthiness and ethical conduct; effective human relation skills; professionalism.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to operate equipment to repair, install or maintain utility meters, lines, services, and fire hydrants.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate minor construction and automotive equipment on occasion or relief basis, and use power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to adhere to prescribed Board Policies.
- Health and physical condition to permit outdoor work; heavy lifting, and other strenuous physical task over extended periods of time, in varying weather conditions; ability to bend, stoop, crouch, crawl; normal vision and hearing.
- Maintenance of water and sewer system including repairs, installation or maintenance of water meters, lines, services, and fire hydrants.
- Transports equipment, drives dump truck.
- Operates minor construction and automotive equipment, uses power tools.
- Works after hours, weekends, and holidays, in varying weather conditions, to repair the water/wastewater system, or any other utility emergency situation.
- Performs related work as assigned.